As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only acquire additional experience as a PADI Professional but you also start to teach the PADI System for diver education. You can work as an assistant in dive training and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It is an excellent way to gain experience in order to become a dive instructor later on.
The PADI Assistant Instructor is the first part of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) which precedes the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) that, following the successful implementation of the Instructor Examination (IE) provides PADI Open Water Scuba instructor certification.
What will you learn?
You will develop your ability to organize and supervise diving activities, while concentrating in the teaching development of diving techniques.
With this course you will be able to:
• Expand your knowledge through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations.
• Revise and evaluate diving techniques in confined waters.
• Coordinate diving workshops in open water.
• Teach and assess rescue techniques.
PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
Unit 1: Academic training
• PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs.
• Knowledge Developing Training.
• Teaching specialties (Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy).
• Teaching in confined water.
• Leading training presentations in open water.
Unit 2: Independent Study
• Knowledge development
Unit 3: Practical Application
• Teaching presentations in confined and open water.
• Standards Test.
• Rescue diving techniques evaluation.
• Be a PADI Divemaster or have an equivalent certification from another organization.
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Have at least 60 logged dives, including night dives, deep dives and navigation dives.
• Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
• Have had CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months.
• Being fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
• Desire of having an exciting and fun career!
Cost: US$ 600.00
Duration: 6 days